A Bakersfield DUI Lawyer with Experience Backed by Science
Bakersfield Arson Lawyer
Providing Skilled Defense to Arson Charges in California
In the state of California, arson is defined as any reckless, willful, or malicious act that results in a fire that damages a property, structure, land, or forest. The penalties for this crime can vary depending on the circumstances, such as where the incident took place and the extent of the damage or if anyone was injured or killed. If you are facing arson charges, contact the arson attorneys at Brehmer Law Corporation for the exceptional legal services you need to protect your future.
Facing charges for arson? Reach out to our law office at (661) 430-0868 to schedule a complimentary case review with one of our trusted Bakersfield arson attorneys today.
What Factors are Involved in Arson Sentencing?
As mentioned above, there not all arson offenses are treated identically. Several factors are taken into account when determining the consequences of an arson conviction.
Below are some of the factors that play a significant role in sentencing:
- If the crime resulted in severe bodily injury, it would be treated as a felony, punishable by up to nine years in state prison and lifetime registration as an arsonist.
- If the crime resulted in substantial damage to a structure or property with inhabitants, it would be treated as a felony, punishable by up to eight years in state prison and lifetime registration as an arsonist.
- If the crime resulted in burned forest land or the burning of any structure, it would be treated as a felony, punishable by up to six years in state prison and lifetime registration as an arsonist.
- If an individual commits arson of any property for the purposes of insurance fraud, it would be treated as a felony, punishable by up to three years in state prison and lifetime registration as an arsonist.
- If a death occurred due as a result of the crime, the defendant could also face murder charges and lifetime registration as an arsonist.
- Additionally, attempted arson is a felony, punishable by up to three years in state prison and lifetime registration as an arsonist.
Arson is treated seriously in California, which is why it is so imperative to hire experienced legal representation is vital to the success of your case.
If you were charged with an arson-related crime, you need a seasoned criminal defense team on your side that can build a solid defense on your behalf. At Brehmer Law Corporation in Bakersfield, our arson attorneys have the knowledge, experience, and history of success that will make a difference in your case. Do not gamble with your freedom and future.
Don't face arson charges alone. Contact Brehmer Law Corporation today at (661) 430-0868 to schedule a complimentary initial case review with our Bakersfield arson lawyer.
Won More Driver's License Hearing than Any Other Attorney in CA
Highly Trained in Drug Recognition Exams
Personalized Approach Towards Every Case
Insightful Attorney with Extensive Science Background
Instructor at Trial Skills University
Co-Authored 5 Books on DUI Related Subjects
Faculty Member at the National College for DUI Defense
Designated a Lawyer-Scientist by the American Chemical Society After Receiving the Highest Score in the State of California