A Bakersfield DUI Lawyer with Experience Backed by Science
Bakersfield Robbery Lawyer
Defending Clients Charged with Robbery in California
At Brehmer Law Corporation, we understand the seriousness of robbery charges in California. If you or a loved one is facing accusations of robbery, you need a dedicated and experienced legal team to protect your rights and fight for your future. Our seasoned attorneys are here to provide exceptional representation and guide you through every step of the legal process.
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a severe criminal offense defined under California law as taking someone else's personal property from their immediate possession and against their will through force, fear, or intimidation. It is crucial to differentiate robbery from theft, as the element of force or fear sets it apart from other property crimes.
Robbery can be classified into two degrees: first-degree robbery and second-degree robbery. First-degree robbery involves robbing someone operating an ATM, someone who has just withdrawn money from an ATM, or someone in an inhabited structure, such as a home or inhabited car. All other forms of robbery not meeting the first-degree criteria fall under second-degree robbery.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in California?
Robbery is considered a serious felony offense in California, and the penalties for a conviction can be severe. The exact punishment depends on various factors, such as the degree of robbery, the use of weapons, the presence of accomplices, and the defendant's criminal history.
First-degree robbery is punishable by up to nine years in state prison, while second-degree robbery carries a potential prison sentence of up to five years. However, if the prosecution proves that the defendant used a firearm during the robbery, additional sentencing enhancements may apply, leading to even longer prison terms.
Furthermore, California has a three-strikes law, which means that if a defendant has two previous serious or violent felony convictions and is then convicted of robbery, they could face a life sentence in prison.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Facing robbery charges can be overwhelming, but it's essential to remember that there are potential defenses that a skilled Bakersfield robbery lawyer from Brehmer Law Corporation can explore on your behalf:
- Lack of Intent: Our attorneys can argue that you did not intend to commit robbery, and the situation may have been misunderstood or misinterpreted.
- False Accusations: Individuals are not uncommon to be wrongfully accused of robbery. We will diligently investigate your case's circumstances to uncover any false allegations.
- Mistaken Identity: We will examine the evidence and witness testimonies to determine if there is a case of mistaken identity, potentially leading to the wrong person being accused of the crime.
- Insufficient Evidence: If the prosecution lacks strong evidence to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, we will challenge your case and fight for a favorable outcome.
- Self-Defense: In some instances, using force during an alleged robbery may have been an act of self-defense. We will investigate the circumstances leading up to the incident to determine if this defense applies.
When facing robbery charges in Bakersfield, California, you need a knowledgeable and tenacious legal team to protect your rights and defend your case vigorously. At Brehmer Law Corporation, we have a proven track record of successfully handling robbery cases, and we are committed to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients.
Do not hesitate to contact us today for a confidential consultation. Our experienced Bakersfield robbery lawyers are ready to stand by your side, provide expert legal guidance, and ensure your rights are upheld throughout the legal process. Trust Brehmer Law Corporation to fight for your future and the best possible resolution to your robbery case.
Contact Brehmer Law Corporation today to schedule a FREE consultation with our robbery lawyer in Bakersfield!
Won More Driver's License Hearing than Any Other Attorney in CA
Highly Trained in Drug Recognition Exams
Personalized Approach Towards Every Case
Insightful Attorney with Extensive Science Background
Instructor at Trial Skills University
Co-Authored 5 Books on DUI Related Subjects
Faculty Member at the National College for DUI Defense
Designated a Lawyer-Scientist by the American Chemical Society After Receiving the Highest Score in the State of California