Bakersfield, California DUI Penalties
Helping You Fight to Avoid the Penalties of a DUI Conviction
The harsh California DUI penalties in are intended to prevent drunk driving. These penalties vary based on your specific DUI offense and may be reduced based on the Bakersfield DUI defense attorney you choose to represent your case.
A first-time DUI offense is classified as a misdemeanor. Even a first-time offense conviction can carry jail time and high fines. When you are facing any kind of DUI charge, it is crucial that you contact Brehmer Law Corporation as soon as possible after the arrest.
Contact Brehmer Law Corporation today for your free consultation!
Penalties for First-Time DUI Convictions
- First: Mandatory participation in a substance abuse program, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, a jail sentence of up to six months, license suspension, and high fines. Your car may be impounded and you may be forced to install an ignition interlock device (IID) to be able to drive.
Penalties for Multiple DUI Convictions
- Second: A second DUI within 10 years of your first offense, may result in mandatory treatment, $2,018 paid in fines, a year in jail, restrictions on your license, and three-year IID installation.
- Third: If convicted within 10 years of the original offense, you face a year of jail time, license revocation for up to 3 years, mandatory alcohol or drug counseling for up to 18 months, and high fines.
- Fourth: Any subsequent offense could mean up to three years of jail or prison time, a felony on your record, thousands in fines, and license revocation for four years.
Our DUI Lawyer is Here to Help – Call (661) 430-0868
There are many lawyers to defend you and choosing the right counsel is important. At Brehmer Law Corporation, our lawyer focuses on DUI defense in Bakersfield. We have developed powerful strategies and resources for your defense and approach each case determined to aggressively fight for you.
This means analyzing each case and every detail. Mr. Brehmer is:
- A sustaining member of the National College of DUI Defense
- An Officer of the National DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- A repeat lecturer for the California DUI Lawyers Association
- Has presented at nearly every major legal and scientific educational seminar throughout the United States
If you are facing DUI charges in Bakersfield, contact our DUI defense team. We will review your case thoroughly and develop strategies to prepare the most effective defense possible for you.